What's the point?
In regards to the shooting at the Virginia Tech school. I'm listening to the news reports and the information coming out of this incident. This person, who strapped himself with two guns and extra clips, shot someone in a dorm, walked into classroom shot the teacher and started shooting students at random, never saying a word, and face set in stone. It's the not saying a word, and face set in stone that caught my attention. I know when I've been like that, I know what I was feeling, and thinking.
You become like this when you are so angry and helpless feeling. For me it was when I was having trouble with my family, felt like I had no friends, that everything was working against me, that I was going to fail in life, like I hit rock-bottom and there was no way up. It could have been people that caused it, or something I did, or a combination, or something completely out of everyone's hands. No matter the cause, anger and helplessness combined makes someone flip out in their head. It could lead to irrational thoughts, but somehow they will rationalize it.
My advice, talk to someone about how you feel. I know, it won't make a difference, but it does make the seriously irrational ideas less rational and less of good idea. You can't give up, don't jump to the easy irrational idea, you have to do the most difficult irrational idea. Failing classes? Pick a new major, start clean. Someone you love dump you? Find some friends, a new hobby, something to get your mind on something new that you do enjoy. Seriously, doing something you always wanted to do, but didn't have the guts to do it, that's the best irrational thing to shoot for.
There is no point in taking a life, yours or others. As much as you hate someone, or a group of people, killing them is not going change what they did that makes you hate them. Notice also that they don't hate you, even if you hate them. Hate and anger usually goes in one direction. I don't know how to get rid of the hate and anger. I focus on other things that make me happy or anything else but not angry or frustrated. Exhaust yourself with this other thing. Things will be better, you just need to make a change in yourself. Changing the world around you has to start with yourself. "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi
You become like this when you are so angry and helpless feeling. For me it was when I was having trouble with my family, felt like I had no friends, that everything was working against me, that I was going to fail in life, like I hit rock-bottom and there was no way up. It could have been people that caused it, or something I did, or a combination, or something completely out of everyone's hands. No matter the cause, anger and helplessness combined makes someone flip out in their head. It could lead to irrational thoughts, but somehow they will rationalize it.
My advice, talk to someone about how you feel. I know, it won't make a difference, but it does make the seriously irrational ideas less rational and less of good idea. You can't give up, don't jump to the easy irrational idea, you have to do the most difficult irrational idea. Failing classes? Pick a new major, start clean. Someone you love dump you? Find some friends, a new hobby, something to get your mind on something new that you do enjoy. Seriously, doing something you always wanted to do, but didn't have the guts to do it, that's the best irrational thing to shoot for.
There is no point in taking a life, yours or others. As much as you hate someone, or a group of people, killing them is not going change what they did that makes you hate them. Notice also that they don't hate you, even if you hate them. Hate and anger usually goes in one direction. I don't know how to get rid of the hate and anger. I focus on other things that make me happy or anything else but not angry or frustrated. Exhaust yourself with this other thing. Things will be better, you just need to make a change in yourself. Changing the world around you has to start with yourself. "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home