Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Magically Craptastic Day

I had a tough time waking up this morning. Everything seemed to be going fine, until I got to work. Problem after problem kept popping up, I struggled to find solutions quickly and more so to implement them. Some I succeed in, others I put aside for later and went with a hack. Oh and Cory Lidle of the Yankees crashed his plane into an apt high rise in Manhattan sending people on a frenzy. Someone pulled the fire alarm in my office building (probably freaked after the news of a plane crash into a building), but we get so many false alarms we just ignored it. And the doorman "on guard" at the fire station of the building is the worst PA speaker EVER! Repeats the same phrase like 4 times before getting to what needs to be said which is then garbled and repeated 4 times again. Twice is enough, three times just to be sure, but 4 times each phrase and the entire message 3 times is ridiculous. Barely left work on time to catch my bus.

The bus station was packed, but it usually is a bit on a rainy day like today. I was thinking of skipping going home to see my girlfriend, Annie. I just wanted to relieve some stress by going to my martial arts class and beating on some pads. Get on the bus, I pass out asleep as I usually do when the bus enters the Lincoln Tunnel. I wake up an hour later to find that the bus is STILL in the tunnel! No way I'm going to make it to class on time. Now I really did wish I changed my plans. Turns out there was some car or bus fire blocking traffic. Detour was another accident of some guy trying to squeeze his car past a turning bus. Headaches. Then our driver seemed to know where he was going, but he kept taking the most ass-backward route instead of jumping on the nearest highway back on route. I got off a stop early and ran home in the rain. Some exertion of energy is better than none.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home