Thursday, May 11, 2006

Technological Detachment

You can't trust anyone, I don't think we ever could. There is a huge detachment with people today, and I think it's due to the technological push that has done it. Ten years ago most people never touch a keyboard on a daily basis. Today, most people can't avoid touching a keyboard for more than an few hours at a time. Communication has become easier, but what is transmitted hasn't improved. People still can't express themselves clearly with words. We see emails and instant messages which needs to be deciphered to be understood.

With this detachment people can easily seem to be what they are not. That's why I stay true, that's why I am open with my flaws. If you don't like me the way I am, then pretending to be something else is going to end in disappointment for both parties.

There are only a few people I actually chat with online only. The other people I either know in real life or I don't chat with them online seriously. I'm not into the detachment. I want to know people, not talk online with them. The few I do that with now are a limited few. I don't have time to give to everyone what they want. Deal with it, move on. We talk with strangers all the time, you never have an attachment with them, so move on. The same is with online. If you are looking for a date, be reasonable, meet them, you aren't going to have an online relationship lead to something bigger. You have to meet them, if you don't then you only see a facade.

This turned out to be more of a rant than I wanted it to be. I guess it's because I'm tired of the online life people expect me to keep up. Online is secondary to the real world, NO EXCEPTIONS. The facade of the online realm is just not in my interest, I want to meet people and interact with them in the real world. I'm tired of people's intentions online to "get to know me" but with no real intention of ever following through with ever meeting me. It's why I don't look for dates, or make plans anymore. Plans lead to disappointments, if you do most things by the seat of your pants it's a surprise with every event. It's the same with trying to figure out people's intentions, I take everything face value as well as I could, because when I read into it, I tend to jump to conclusions. I need to deal with facts, not ideas. Ideas lead to let downs. Life's too short to deal with the things that aren't in your real life.

End thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home