Darkside
"Listen up maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -- Fight Club
You probably all know that it's one of my favorite movies. I've been getting messages from people who barely know me telling me that I'm special and that they think I'm a great person. And people that I know in real life are telling me the same things. I'm not this person they think I am. There are three parts to every person: the social/public part, the personal part, the private part. In general everyone sees everyone else's social/public part. Your closer friends and people you know probably see your personal part pretty often. The private part... that's everyone's darkside, it's the unknown and you don't know what you find in someone's private part of their life. That's where secrets are kept. That's where bad experiences are stowed away. That's "the monkey on your back," a hidden burden. We show very few people that part of our lives.
The part that almost everyone I know sees is my social/public part, "sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, and everything that's wonderful." What am I going to do? Show them my personal side? Sure, I let my friends see my personal side, that's how I lose them as friends. If I show them my personal side they see my loneliness and my simple problems. First thing they try to do, is to help. I didn't ask for it, I didn't even suggest it, and I even tell them I don't want it, but they don't listen to that part. They think I'm in denial, so they try to help anyway, and all they do is just interfere. If they get in my way too much, then I leave them behind as friends, and that's why I have so few of them, and why they are short lived friendships. My private part of life, I don't show anyone. There is no one that I can trust with that. I have a gorilla sized monkey on my back, but I have learned to live with that burden because it's never going to go away. I don't let anything else get added on to that either. I've been living my life in the open, avoiding adding things to my private part of life. I don't need more secrets, I don't need more experiences that I want to lock away and forget.
See I'm not this great person you think I am. I'm not as happy as I seem to be. I don't need help to change things. Things will change when I'm ready to change them. Some things I don't want to change. So you may know some of my personal parts of life, but if you think that is bad, my private part is a darker place. There are things some of us never want to talk about, things that have changed people's lives. We all have those things, so how ever bad you think it is for someone, the part they showed you is probably only their personal part, they probably have deeper darker things you will never know about, so just know it's much worse than what you think and what you see.
You probably all know that it's one of my favorite movies. I've been getting messages from people who barely know me telling me that I'm special and that they think I'm a great person. And people that I know in real life are telling me the same things. I'm not this person they think I am. There are three parts to every person: the social/public part, the personal part, the private part. In general everyone sees everyone else's social/public part. Your closer friends and people you know probably see your personal part pretty often. The private part... that's everyone's darkside, it's the unknown and you don't know what you find in someone's private part of their life. That's where secrets are kept. That's where bad experiences are stowed away. That's "the monkey on your back," a hidden burden. We show very few people that part of our lives.
The part that almost everyone I know sees is my social/public part, "sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, and everything that's wonderful." What am I going to do? Show them my personal side? Sure, I let my friends see my personal side, that's how I lose them as friends. If I show them my personal side they see my loneliness and my simple problems. First thing they try to do, is to help. I didn't ask for it, I didn't even suggest it, and I even tell them I don't want it, but they don't listen to that part. They think I'm in denial, so they try to help anyway, and all they do is just interfere. If they get in my way too much, then I leave them behind as friends, and that's why I have so few of them, and why they are short lived friendships. My private part of life, I don't show anyone. There is no one that I can trust with that. I have a gorilla sized monkey on my back, but I have learned to live with that burden because it's never going to go away. I don't let anything else get added on to that either. I've been living my life in the open, avoiding adding things to my private part of life. I don't need more secrets, I don't need more experiences that I want to lock away and forget.
See I'm not this great person you think I am. I'm not as happy as I seem to be. I don't need help to change things. Things will change when I'm ready to change them. Some things I don't want to change. So you may know some of my personal parts of life, but if you think that is bad, my private part is a darker place. There are things some of us never want to talk about, things that have changed people's lives. We all have those things, so how ever bad you think it is for someone, the part they showed you is probably only their personal part, they probably have deeper darker things you will never know about, so just know it's much worse than what you think and what you see.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home