Saturday, March 04, 2006

Don't tell.

What's your master plan? Don't tell. The only person that needs to know your master plan is you. If you give away your master plan, can you handle the criticism? We all need a master plan, without one you are just wandering around without purpose. What are the consequences of revealing your master plan prematurely? Sabotage, criticism, who knows, but why risk it? You can reveal small parts to get advice but don't reveal them as your master plan. Another point of failure is not acting on your master plan. "A goal without a deadline is only a dream," is what a wise person said. Make easy short term goals that work toward bigger and long term goals.

Example: I'm trying to put on weight, but I'm not going to gain 30 lbs easily. That's my long term goal. My first goal is to gain 10 lbs by my birthday. That's my short term goal working toward my long term. Well I break it up even more. My goal is to lift weights at least 2 times a week (aside from my Marital Arts training). Well I haven't even started on that one, but now I have a simple task with results I can see quickly. So if I can start with the smallest accomplishment I know I can work toward the greater ones.

So what's your master plan again? What's your long term milestone goals? Short term? And lastly your immediate term goals? Now if you can answer all those, that's your master plan. Now get to it! No better day to start than today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home