Saturday, June 03, 2006

Holy crap!

I walk out the front entrance of my building to see this:

Keep in mind that the street is straight two lanes in each direction. So I'm guess the driver was speeding and lost control, or fell asleep at the wheel or drunk. The car plowed through a fire hydrant, a utility pole, a bus stop sign, a newspaper vending machine, and the tree where it stopped in 30 feet. Yes, that's the fire hydrant in the passenger seat. You can see in the picture that the PSE&G workers already put in a new utility pole, but still hasn't detached the wires from the downed one. I didn't lose power or any services considering what happened.


1 Comments:

Blogger Trent said...

You have to wonder how the hydrant ended up on the seat.

Monday, June 05, 2006 8:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home