Don't talk down...
Why do adults always talk down to children like they are stupid? Adults act like the biggest fools when children are about, and more when they aren't. They make stupid nonsensical sounds to babies, and talk to children like they are imbeciles. Even the tone of voice changes for the adult when talking to a child, often exaggerating the pitch of some words or sounding like a cartoon character. If you want a child to take you seriously, then maybe you should take them seriously and stop talking to them in such a manner. Make it clear that it's okay to ask questions, and that if they don't understand to ask for clarification. It will better them in the future to speak up when they are doubtful of the communication they heard.
Every time I meet someone's child, I regard them as I would another adult and give them my full attention when they wish to speak in turn. They will learn much faster and respect you more so if you do this. I'm told that I'm great with kids, it's because I treat them like any other person. Now some of you might think that I'm inhibiting their creativity and imagination, and I would refute that. I make it clear with children when it's "playtime" and when I need them to be "for real" and join in the kiddy games when it's playtime. I'm the first to suggest a game and the first to change the rules to the likes of the children and the majority. As the adult you are the leader during playtime, and the only responsibility really is to make sure every child participates that wants to, and that none get hurt. Teach them if they wish to learn, or just let them be.
When it comes to the care of a child's health, I'm not that good. I'm more like Adam Sandler in Big Daddy when it comes to feeding/bathing/clothing/etc. So I'm not perfect with children, but I know what they enjoy and I try my best to make sure they can get the most out of it.
Every time I meet someone's child, I regard them as I would another adult and give them my full attention when they wish to speak in turn. They will learn much faster and respect you more so if you do this. I'm told that I'm great with kids, it's because I treat them like any other person. Now some of you might think that I'm inhibiting their creativity and imagination, and I would refute that. I make it clear with children when it's "playtime" and when I need them to be "for real" and join in the kiddy games when it's playtime. I'm the first to suggest a game and the first to change the rules to the likes of the children and the majority. As the adult you are the leader during playtime, and the only responsibility really is to make sure every child participates that wants to, and that none get hurt. Teach them if they wish to learn, or just let them be.
When it comes to the care of a child's health, I'm not that good. I'm more like Adam Sandler in Big Daddy when it comes to feeding/bathing/clothing/etc. So I'm not perfect with children, but I know what they enjoy and I try my best to make sure they can get the most out of it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home