Mosque near WTC site
I'll give my opinion of this just like everyone else. I have heard so much from the 'for' and 'against' sides it's all starting to sound the same and it all boils down to: Freedom states they can build it, but ethics says they shouldnot. Everything else just a variation on this or extremist view of this.
I understand extremists of religion are the ones that take action, but if you cannot take responsibility of what others' do in the name of your group, then you should re-think your group or your views of life. When people criticize Americans, I know I'm in that group, but that I might not reflect the reason for the criticism.
If they build it, 'against' crowd will protest, extremist 'against' will deface it or worse. Not to make light of the situation, but it's like building a sex toy shop next door to the kid's toy shop. You can be an asshat to people, but it is probably not a good long term plan. It is getting people riled up, and drawing attention.
Here is the conspiracy theorist in me thinking:
Did someone hope for this attention to show that Americans are biased or that they are weak? (depending if they don't or allow it to be built)
Most times people research first before taking action. What impact will it have in the area? What will be the benefits and consequences? What are the alternatives? So where is this research?
I can build my sex shop next to the kid's toy store, but I know what I'm getting into when I do it. I'm doing it to draw attention and to get free publicity. You can't stop me because nothing I'm doing is illegal, but the long term benefits might outweigh the short term problems.
They can build it, but I'm going to be staying clear of it. It's a powder keg next to a lantern. It's asking for trouble, how is that peaceful? The other end, people are threatening their rights, wouldn't you fight for your rights?
In the end, I hope they are granted the rights to build it (freedom), but that they choose not to build it (ethics).
I was there that day, you can read what happened to me:
http://deathanchor.blogspot.com/2005/09/remembrance-never-forget-91101-heroes.html
I understand extremists of religion are the ones that take action, but if you cannot take responsibility of what others' do in the name of your group, then you should re-think your group or your views of life. When people criticize Americans, I know I'm in that group, but that I might not reflect the reason for the criticism.
If they build it, 'against' crowd will protest, extremist 'against' will deface it or worse. Not to make light of the situation, but it's like building a sex toy shop next door to the kid's toy shop. You can be an asshat to people, but it is probably not a good long term plan. It is getting people riled up, and drawing attention.
Here is the conspiracy theorist in me thinking:
Did someone hope for this attention to show that Americans are biased or that they are weak? (depending if they don't or allow it to be built)
Most times people research first before taking action. What impact will it have in the area? What will be the benefits and consequences? What are the alternatives? So where is this research?
I can build my sex shop next to the kid's toy store, but I know what I'm getting into when I do it. I'm doing it to draw attention and to get free publicity. You can't stop me because nothing I'm doing is illegal, but the long term benefits might outweigh the short term problems.
They can build it, but I'm going to be staying clear of it. It's a powder keg next to a lantern. It's asking for trouble, how is that peaceful? The other end, people are threatening their rights, wouldn't you fight for your rights?
In the end, I hope they are granted the rights to build it (freedom), but that they choose not to build it (ethics).
I was there that day, you can read what happened to me:
http://deathanchor.blogspot.com/2005/09/remembrance-never-forget-91101-heroes.html

1 Comments:
I knew there was an orthodox church between the towers. I wonder if it was rebuilt.
I think the symbol of the mosque is for WTC the symbol of terrorism and terror, regardless the rights and "freedom" concepts.
Post a Comment
<< Home