Blockbuster Price Hike vs. Netflix
Here is the breakdown about Blockbuster's price hike Dec 27 in their email:
Well I have been grandfathered in since the last increase, but not this time. So I checked my account today and ran some numbers. My conclusion lead me to not changing over to Netflix.
If you were paying the $17.99 a month for unlimited-in Store, unlimited 3 movies at a time, you will only be paying $2 more and everything else stays the same. I'm not sure what happens to the newer customers. But the breakdown is as follows for me, I basically pay $2.40 per movie that I have rented online (not including in-store exchanges). With the increased price it would be $2.60 per movie as long as my habits don't change. If you add in the in-store free exchanges (which is like once a month) those numbers go down about 30 cents.
You can see here that the price has changed in my plan, but I still have the unlimited in-store exchanges. Basically to find out how much each movie rental cost I took the numbers from the right side.
You take the "Total DVDs Rented" and use that to divide the total cost of your subscription in "View Billing History" and the result is price per movie. I'll admit that 15% of the movies I rented were rated less than 2 stars and not worth that much, even wished I could get back the time I wasted on them, but that's my own fault for renting them.
I would like to see some other people's break down of their blockbuster and netflix accounts in a similar manner. How much per movie? How did you get that number?
To continue to bring you the unmatched convenience of both online and in-store DVD rentals, your monthly subscription fee will change slightly from $17.99 to $19.99. This adjustment†will go into effect on your next billing cycle on or after December 27, 2007. The benefits of your subscription plan will remain the same...and it's a value of $34.99!
Well I have been grandfathered in since the last increase, but not this time. So I checked my account today and ran some numbers. My conclusion lead me to not changing over to Netflix.
If you were paying the $17.99 a month for unlimited-in Store, unlimited 3 movies at a time, you will only be paying $2 more and everything else stays the same. I'm not sure what happens to the newer customers. But the breakdown is as follows for me, I basically pay $2.40 per movie that I have rented online (not including in-store exchanges). With the increased price it would be $2.60 per movie as long as my habits don't change. If you add in the in-store free exchanges (which is like once a month) those numbers go down about 30 cents.
I would like to see some other people's break down of their blockbuster and netflix accounts in a similar manner. How much per movie? How did you get that number?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home