Where are you?
I wrote this poem a long time ago and mainly for myself. It was for the girl I'm looking for, and still am looking for. I would daydream about her. Where can she be?
Your twinkling eyes, shining bright,
Brought to me a starry night.
I ask the moon a simple question,
"What will cure my depression?"
No response is what it gave,
Thoughts of you began to fade
Into my mind, and lighten me.
Then ideas I began to see,
Is it you, who I ever sought?
Maybe it's a faulty thought.
Ah, the stars, holes in darkness,
travel West, into flatness,
And the East brings us light,
Sun for us to guide us right,
Tree and grass to gives us air,
And all I see is your flowing hair.
Oh beauty of night and day,
Can't you hear what I say?
I'd give to you worldly treasures,
And of course, endless pleasures,
Poetry to help remind,
Mystery to ignite the mind.
What more of me do you ask?
And that will be my next task.
Your twinkling eyes, shining bright,
Brought to me a starry night.
I ask the moon a simple question,
"What will cure my depression?"
No response is what it gave,
Thoughts of you began to fade
Into my mind, and lighten me.
Then ideas I began to see,
Is it you, who I ever sought?
Maybe it's a faulty thought.
Ah, the stars, holes in darkness,
travel West, into flatness,
And the East brings us light,
Sun for us to guide us right,
Tree and grass to gives us air,
And all I see is your flowing hair.
Oh beauty of night and day,
Can't you hear what I say?
I'd give to you worldly treasures,
And of course, endless pleasures,
Poetry to help remind,
Mystery to ignite the mind.
What more of me do you ask?
And that will be my next task.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home